How to ingest a Wirecast feed in LiveU Studio?
First, add a new Wirecast live source in LiveU Studio.
- In the Production Studio (1).
- Add a new Input (2).
- In the Live Source section (3), select Encoder (Push) (4) -> Select Wirecast (5).
Your RTMP Server URL and stream name will be displayed, copy them.
- Open Wirecast and go to the Output Settings panel.
- Choose RTMP Server as an Output Destination.
- Select an encoding profile (For MAC users, do not use the default "Apple H264" encoder, but instead, use "MainConcept H.264").
- Then, next to the Encoding dropdown, select “New Preset”. This will make a copy of the preset you’re on. You’ll be prompted to name it.
- In the “x264 command line options” field, type "--bframes 0".
- Paste the address and stream provided by LiveU Studio (make sure to remove the / at the end of the address, because Wirecast adds one natively).
- Check the "Location" field that there are not 2 "/" between the address and the stream name.
- Start the broadcast on Wirecast.
- Enable the Wirecast input in LiveU Studio (5) and start the Test phase to preview the received live feed (6).
Your feed is correctly received. When ready, just Start publishing & record (top right corner).
In case of a problem to send your stream in a stable way:
You can try to increase the encoding profile of Wirecast and/or LiveU Studio and switch to a high/fast or superfast profile.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the LiveU Studio Support team via our Live Chat.