How to stream to Facebook?
Good to know:
- A live can be scheduled on Facebook up to 7 days in advance, if a live has been scheduled more than 7 days in advance on LiveU Studio, it will be automatically created on Facebook once the 7 days range is reached.
- Do not pass the live in Testing or Publishing before the D-day, otherwise, the link of the event may change (if you have shared it with your fans it may be invalid) -> more information about scheduling Facebook events.
- Once a live event is scheduled on Facebook please do not disconnect/reconnect your Facebook account from LiveU Studio, otherwise the Facebook event will be cancelled and the following error message will appear if you attempt to publish on the cancelled live event "This session has been invalidated because the user changed their password or Facebook has changed the session for security reasons."
- When testing on LiveU Studio, it generates a notification to the people following the page that an event is about to start. This is a different notification than the one sent when scheduling a live event.
- Create or join a control room (1).
- In the "Publish" tab (2).
- Check the output Formats and Qualities setup (3).
- Click on the Add or edit Publishing Points button (4).
- Under the Facebook panel, click on Log in with Facebook (5).
- Click continue and allow LiveU Studio to publish to your Facebook account.
- You now have access to the list of pages/users to which you can publish to.
- Select the desired page
Please note that if some of your pages do not appear, we invite you to click on the "refresh" button at the right.
- Back to your control room, you can see that your page has been added to the list of publishing points (6).
- Start the Test phase (7) (you will not go live on Facebook but please note that this will send a notification to the people who follow your page informing them that a live publication is scheduled).
- As soon as you're ready, hit "Start publishing and record".
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the LiveU Studio Support team via our Live Chat.