Share the good practices with your remote guests
You Just received an invitation to stream your feed on LiveU Studio
Here are a few things to check before you begin:
- Make sure you are not behind a VPN and/or a Firewall (more information here).
- Make sure you don't have any plug-in installed that prevents WebRTC protocol to work.
- Check that you have enough upload bandwidth to send in the required quality (Speedtest).
PC, Mac, Linux, Android users, please use Google Chrome.
iPhone/Ipad (IOS) users, please only use Safari.
For Huawei mobile users, please use only Mozilla Firefox.
- 0.5 Mb/s to stream in the minimum required quality.
- 1.5 Mb/s to stream in 480p SD.
- 2.5 Mb/s to stream in 720p HD.
- 4 Mb/s to stream in 1080p HD.
- The use of a wired connection is highly recommended.
- We strongly recommend using a computer or a laptop connected to the Internet by wire.
- Close all unnecessary apps.
- Up-to-date browser. We recommend using Chrome. Make sure you have no pending updates in your browser, as it's recommended to use the latest versions.
- Minimum browser extensions, as some of them may interrupt service and may block the stream.
If you're using a mobile device:
- Keep the auto-rotate feature enabled.
- Being on LTE might a better option than your Wi-Fi.
- You should always hold your mobile device horizontally (landscape mode).
- Sit in a place with a nice light (in a darker environment, the quality will be lower).
- Show up on time, at least 30 mins prior to your event to ensure you have enough time to test everything with your remote producer.
Once in live you can:
- Watch an input in full screen.
- Resize the windows (PIP).
- The "Group" chat on the right allow you to chat with your collaborators. And also gathers live comments received on YouTube/Twitch and Facebook (if the live is published to one of these platforms).
- Mute your audio.
- Stop the broadcast of your stream/camera.
You can also share your screen if your producer has enabled the option in the remote guest interface.
Can't find the right answer?
Contact the LiveU Studio Support team via our Live Chat.